Premed 101 Forums

Equipment/books for first years

Guest Tallybobally

Guest Tallybobally

Okay, I don't know about everyone else, but I have wanted to buy all my books and stuff for a good month.... I already have my school supplies (nerdy I know!) But how do we find out what we need next year?! Is there a used book sale or something? Do equipment reps come to the school? Thanks! 8o

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118447220</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>?Today?</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>nby</username>

<dateline>1117201500</dateline>

<title>?Today?</title>

<pagetext>I believe today is the day... G'luck all!

Guest 0nsp

I have a dillemma now. the waiting up to this point, has been easy; I'm used to waiting for things, and can occupy myslef easily enough. But today, I don't think I can wait for them to actually call me. So, I'm super tempted to just walk down the hall to admissions and just ask them in person if I got in or not. I guess posting here just helps kill more time. Good luck, guys.

Guest MDmmmsure

I would also to extend my 'good-luck' to all those waiting......for those that get in....enjoy, and congrat's....for those that don't, DON'T GIVE UP.....you made it this far, and that is something in itself!!!

Good luck everyone.....I'm crossing my fingers for all of you (and for me too!)

Joe

Guest MedAnxiety

Hehe...it's kinda funny how we are all hyped up...(including myself who has been checking this blog obsessively these past couple of days)...and it might not even be TODAY that they call :P But..okay..9:18 in AB right now...

Guest happy2bme

I'm hyped up for all of you and I didn't even apply to this school!! Actually "seeing " who get in etc. is better than watching some of the season finales on t.v.

Good luck to all applicants!!

Guest MDmmmsure

Yeah....I would have thought they would start calling now.....I have heard that the dean is out of town, and therefore the letters will not be sent until next week because he has to sign them....this may also reflect a postponement of calling until next week

Joe

it would be nice if you could watch on here the tally grow and the names on a ticker - kind of like last week watching the budget vote (which i watched at a sports bar on the big screen)

Guest Braveheart

Yes I am here to send us all some good luck vibes. Hopefully many of us (if not all of us) here will hear back from the admissions committee today. It would be great if we were all in the same class. Considering how much we supported and encouraged each other during these tough times prior to medical school, I can only imagine how great of a class we would have knowing that we will all come out of medical school as doctors who can collaborate with each other.

Best of luck to us all! My fingers are crossed… so much so that I think I’m starting to cramp up

:x

Guest MDmmmsure

Looks like today is not the day........hopefully everyone has a great weekend (try to forget about this) and Monday we will find out for sure (I would think)....

Have fun

Joe

Guest Braveheart

MDmmmsure,

What do you mean today is not the day? Maybe they'll start calling at 11:00? Or after lunch? Well, either way, we'll hear back by Mon at the latest.... arrgh!

Guest MedAnxiety

yeah... probably not today... unless they call after lunch. I dun think it'll take that long to call 125 people anyway...

Anyhow, if not, have an awesome weekend and we'll continue this anxiety MONDAY.

:P

Guest MDmmmsure

I guess I should have said: "I don't think today is the day" instead of "Looks like today is not the day." Sorry guys, I was merely speculating....you are correct, they could start calling after lunch.....as a matter of fact, if they were planning on breaking the calls into two days, then that would not be an unreasonable assumption.....we shall see...

good luck everyone......

Joe

Guest MDmmmsure

Pretty sure that the calls aren't going out today.....have a fun weekend everyone, Monday is most likely the BIG day.....

Joe

Guest Braveheart

Yes,

I've finally accepted the fact that we will not get a call today. Man, I've been a nervous wreck today for nothing! Yes, have a good weekend everyone and we'll be at it again on Mon. Man, I need a nap|I

Guest Tantalus

THANK YOU JEBUS!!

Either ALL of us are horrible candidates or they aren't calling today. I am very comforted in believing it is the latter. I was really starting to get upset but now it looks like we just have to wait.

Safe for now. Let's hope Monday is a great day for all of us. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>Equipment/books for first years</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived