Premed 101 Forums

Any info since acceptance?

Guest kernelhoover

Guest kernelhoover

Just a quick question.

Has anyone received any info from the U of A since being accepted. I've got a few emails from andrea but haven't received any mail. Do you know when they might be sending the admissions packages?

Kernelhoover.

Oh and one more thing. I keep getting emailed by the students union for their UofA orientation we're not expected to go to that as well are we?. I think its over the same week.

Guest summervirus

I think you should be receiving your admissions package soon. It'll have info about vaccinations and schtuff.

I didn't attend any of the orientation stuff held by the SU. I ended up ignoring those emails. The Faculty of Med/Dent holds its own orientation for its students. The only thing you need to remember to do is to grab your student ID card. You'll have plenty of time to do that though. :)

Guest sassy101

When I was accepted I was phoned by Andrea and if I recall she did mention that a registration package would be sent out in July.

Hi all,

I emailed U of A admissions about that email we got re: orientation and registration. It prompted me to register etc...so I just wrote to ask them if this was the case, as I couldn't! I got a reply which said that the email was sent to med students by mistake and to ignore it. I do think we are going to get those med packages later this month. Can't wait!

Meghan

Guest snoopychan

Hi everyone,

Since acceptance, I've recieved an email from Andrea regarding our own orientation week. In addition, I got a orientation pamphlet in the mail from the student's union. The events for that run September 1 and/or 2, and does not completely conflict with our own events. Finally, when I emailed Marlene last week regarding when we'll get our packages, she said, "they will be mailed out next week or so".

I am looking forward to orientation and meeting all of you. The golf tournament in costumes seems very fun. I already have a costume picked out, but must now extend my golf skills beyond the local mini-putts and driving ranges. Fore!!

-Kris

I just want to make sure of this - we can't register yet, right? I know that we take one of our classes along with nurses and perhaps other students in the health fields, but has anyone been able to register yet. I am assuming we need to wait for our package? Thanks!

Meghan

I am pretty sure we can't register yet.... I can't even get into Bear Tracks anymore because they seem to have changed the password/login names. Registration is apparently online this year (instead of on the phone), but it's not like we'll be registering for classes (right???), since all of our classes are in blocks.

Everyone keeps mentioning these emails they are getting from the Student's Union. All I have received are emails from Andrea, nothing else. Did I miss anything important?

Anyway, hopefully the packages will come soon and then we'll be more informed (and more excited).

Guest sassy101

I agree fox,....I too was worried that I was missing something...all I have gotten so far is an email from Andrea about orientation etc. You are not alone. But the packages must be coming.

fox and sassy,

the email i was talking about was accidently sent to me - and I thought everyone else - but i guess not. It was an orientation/registration email that was misdirected, so I don't think you've missed anything!

Meghan

Archived