Premed 101 Forums

Medschool/campus feel/vibe?

Guest CBCK86

Guest sassy101

Does anyone own or know someone who owns an old super nintendo? Mega Man, Mario Bros.....I miss the classics...:P ( I would definately buy it if they were selling ) I am told that they exist out there somewhere

We actually have an old super nintendo, but I am pretty sure it's not for sale.... Some of those old games are pretty cool. I personally like Donkey Kong Country for the super nintendo (not that I'm much into vids, but I was definitley addicted to that one).

Guest snoopychan

Ah ha, I see that we will have some fellow gamers in our class. Ice Hockey on the old NES and Mario Kart are two of my favs of all time. Did I see a PS ONE in the "Fish Tank" during the interview tour?

Also, I have acquired FIFA2002, NHL2002 and MLB2001 for my laptop. We can definitely have some fun with that too!

Guest sassy101

I forgot about Mario cart! Shame on me....great game. I am not a serious gamer but I do miss some of the oldies. Haven't had too much experience with new machines like xbox etc

I feel it is my obligation to mention tetris in this list of oldies. I would convince my parents that it was actually educational so they would let me play it more.

Guest shkelo

Well, you're in luck, boys and girls. It just so happen that the "fishbowl" (our medical student lounge) has a super NES system waiting for you to get your greedy little hands on it next year. So let the games begin.

This summer we also had a little LAN party with 4-Xboxes and 4 TVs for some 16 player HALO action. It was Med2006 vs. Med2005. Tons of fun.

Guest snoopychan

Well, I am glad to hear that HALO is alive and well at school. I will have to brush up on my skills this summer then.

As for having a Super NES in the "fishbowl" (not Fishtank, silly Kris), I will begin scavenging the local flea markets and garage sales for games. It will be my "contribution" to the faculty.

Guest snoopychan

Thanks for looking Sassy101.

Jackpot. I was looking in my little brother's room as he has multiple video game systems and what do I find? An old Super Nintendo with the following games: Mario Paint, Spawn, Mortal Kombat, Wayne's World, Super Mario World, and....SUPER MARIO KART! I will see what I can do in terms of bringing these with me. How does this sound, "Yo bro, I need these video games for med school, they are mandatory and I need them to graduate"? I'll see what I can do. Cheers.

Guest bearman14

Hey,

Sorry to intrude on the U of A forum, but I wanted to post a note to Fox, re: your stolen bike. If you haven't picked up a new one yet, email me at bearman14@yahoo.com, as my relatives own United Cycle up there in Edmonchuck, and I may be able to hook you up with a deal. You never know, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Bearman

Guest sassy101

Snoopychan: I think your brother will go for it!:rollin Your education should be important to him....that reminds me that I will ask my brother if he has any snes games around..i know he doesnt have the machine anymore but maybe games. Can't wait for the fall

P.S = at least get mortal kombat and mario kart!! I love those

Hey Bearman14

Thanks for the message, but I called United Cycle and they don't carry Gary Fisher bikes, which is what my old bike was, so I guess I am out of luck for that deal!

Guest snoopychan

I will try for Mortal Kombat and Mario Kart. Summervirus, you are on. My bro actually has a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast and Playstation 1. I don't think he plays with any of them anymore. I will do my best. We are going to have a great class. I can sense it.

Archived