Premed 101 Forums

no more apartements left!!!!!!!

Guest ssup

Hey guys,

I've been desperately looking for an apartement that's walking distance to U of A but am finding that everything is either taken or familling apart. If anyone can help me, please do!!! Most of the places in the housing registry are taken already....

I would LOVE a place in Windsor or Garneau but nothing's available...

Does anyone know of any other building withing 5-10 min walking to the medical sciences building? I'm looking for a 1-bedroom preferably...I'm willing to pay up to 900/month as long as its clean and preferably new....

HELP!!!!

Ssup

or jules_9999@hotmail.com

Guest sassy101

Hey Ssup,

I agree with Megs..try the regular housing registry. That is how I found a place to live and there was no shortage of listings when I had looked. My only caution is make sure you see the place advertised before going ahead with it...some of them sounded pretty good on paper but when I actually went and saw them they were downright scary. Going through the registry also means you may have to put up with a roomate (I originally thought I would want a one bedroom too ), but in the end sharing the cost with someone makes things less financially taxing.

Did you try checking in the Edmonton Journal, as well?

They have tons of listings. Are you in Edmonton looking for a place, or trying to find something over the phone? If you're trying to find something from another province, email me at my ez inbox account and I will see if I can help you out. A lot of places only advertise on their front lawn with signs (walk-ups that are pretty close to the school). Oh, one other place you could try is Concord Tower. It is very close to the school, as well. I think the number is 433-1676. They renovated all the apartments in that building in the last couple of years, so it should be ok. Good luck!

You guessed it right Fox...I'm looking for an appt while still in BC! I will be visiting Edm for a very short time though next week just to finaliza a place and put a deposit down...

I will definitely try Concord Tower....thanks!

Ssup

P.S. I just sent you an e-mail in your ez account...first time using it...hope it worked!!!

My friend phoned Concord Tower about a week ago and found that there was nothing available, and that the receptionist was not very helpful. Good luck.

Guest shkelo

You're in luck. A friend of mine is renting the main level of his house: 2-bdrm/1-bath, fireplace, hardwood floors, large deck, 1000 sq. ft. It is very close to the university (6 blocks away) - 106 St and 81 Ave. $850/mo + Util (split 3 ways w/basement suite) or $960 (all utilities included). Call Greg @ (780) 413-1689.

You can rent it and easily find a roommate with this place. He likes to choose who he rents the suite out to and would like older mature students.

Archived