Premed 101 Forums

2nd round letters are out!!!

Guest ssup

Guest ssup

Hi guys,

From what I understand, the ppl getting phonecalls right now are the 4th year+ students that weren't notified in February.

The 2nd/3rd yr students were supposed to be notified end of june/early july but I got my letter this morning: WAITLISTED.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about the 2nd/3rd year waitlist. Does it move much? Are there many ppl on it? I'm 3rd year OOP, does that reduce my chances even further?

In the letter they mentioned that not many ppl were placed on the waitlist, but I'm still wondering if anyone has more info...

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!! Have any of the other 2nd/3rd yr students heard yet?

Guest Misty

Hello,

I am an in-province 4+ degree applicant and I just found out that I'm on the list of Alternate Candidates. I was just wondering if any one could tell me anything about the alternate list. Are there separate ones for the different categories (2/3 year, OOP etc.)? How many people are on these lists and how far do they usually move? If I called the admissions office would they be able to tell me where I was on the list? Any info would be appreciated.

Misty

Guest summervirus

Yikes! I've only been gone for two weeks and there are a ton of posts I need to catch up on! :eek

Yes, there are separate lists for 2nd/3rd year applicants and 4th year+ applicants. I'm not sure if there are other categories. It's impossible to tell what your chances are. It really depends on the applicant pool from year to year. To get a rough idea, you can look at the FAQ (note #6).

Archived