Premed 101 Forums

question about the general application

Guest mt1

hey, this might sound silly, but for the general application, they ask if we're applying to an undergraduate program or a graduate program. which is it?

no...it asks "apply to undergraduate program" or "apply to graduate program"...then it goes on to ask about personal information. after the general one is filled out, there's a Faculty of Medicine portion to do.

Med is considered an undergrad program, so you have to fill out the undergrad application. Once that is filled out and you have sent in your application fee you will get access to the remainder of the application on-line (assuming that the application procedure has not changed from last year.)

When I applied I didn't fill out the high school marks. I couldn't remember my marks and didn't have a record of them, and figured they were insignificant anyway seeing as they aren't taken into consideration for med school. The reason they are on there is because the application for med school is the same application that anyone applying to an undergrad program (out of high school) would use. If you have those marks available to you then you might as well put them in, but if not, I wouldn't worry about it.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Ditto on not filling in the high school marks. That was WAY back. :P You don't need to fill those blanks in order to be processed and moved on to the medical school application.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 1 month later...
Guest chiapet921

Hi!

I had a chance to go to the UofA website and online registration today and noticed that it says once we register, we only have 72 hours to complete the application?!

Is the UofA application using the same software as UBC or UCalgary?

Thanks!

Guest summervirus

Hiya,

When you first apply, you're actually applying to the Office of the Registrar of the University of Alberta. After you complete the application, you will be assigned a UofA ID number and your application will then be forwarded to the Faculty of Medicine. This part of your application is limited to 72 hours.

After you complete your application to the Registrar and you've been assigned a university ID number, the Faculty of Medicine will then send you a new username and password to apply to the faculty itself. That application is just like the one used by the University of Calgary. You're not limited by 72 hours with that application.

Guest premed81

Hi everyone,

I am about to begin my application for U of A med school, and the application process seemed really confusing until I started reading some of the threads. Thanks for all the information.

I did want to ask something. So after you submit the GENERAL application and pay a fee, is the fee the $60 application fee, or will we pay another fee when we submit the Faculty of Medicine application? Thanks.

Archived