Premed 101 Forums

May interviews.

Guest UofA man

Guest UofA man

So did anyone have their interview today? or has anybody heard how many people were interviewing this week and the approx. # of seats remaining after the early acceptances were given out?

Good luck to all.

Guest monkey

hey

lets have a discussion going on how ppl's interviews went...if in case they need reassurance. cuz i sure as hell do! how did your interviews go!? i am so nervous about the whole process. i had a very calm and nice set of ppl on the panel, whcih makes it even worse to determine how you did.

NEED REASSURANCE!

Monkey, I hear you! I had my interview yesterday and I have been feeling crazy. My panel was totally non-negative and my mind keeps switching back and forth on how I did and how I answered things! I mean, I had a good feeling coming out of it, but then you think all of the things that you could have said...it's exhausting!

Guest monkey

who all was on your panel?

as for your crazy feeling...i'm totally right up there with ya !!!

i wish UA let us know a lot sooner about your application rather than make us wait till mid-july!!!

Guest Jennifer Y

Think that the 2 med schools in this province do not want to be in competition with each other for the same students. The early acceptance at UC forces the successful applicants to make a choice. But I do agree that July is so so late.

u of a lets us know in july b/c they use second term marks... the u of c does not. i wouldn't say that the two schools are not competitive... after all, each school is going to want what they consider to be the best candidate... and surely there's going to be some overlap...

anyway... i agree that waiting til july sucks... the acceptances at the u of c are conditional, so if you failed the second term you're still not accepted. i really think that the u of a should follow a similar policy as the u of c... why are they still interviewing people in JULY? There should be one mass interview week and then when the marks come in, they can send out the acceptances faster...

waiting until july is causing a lot of stress in my family because my parents feel like they should be securing me an apartment, but i don't want them to because they'll lose their money if i get accepted to the u of a...

are there any other schools in canada that send out acceptances later than the u of a?

Archived