Premed 101 Forums

Interview

Guest UofA man

• 2 weeks later...
Guest missing Manitoba

Hi,

Some notifications have gone out for 4th year/above OOP interviews -- I received mine today :) -- so I would guess that other notifications could start going out fairly soon.

Good luck! :)

Guest missing Manitoba

Hey Ian,

Thanks! :) The invite came in yesterday's mail.

Jase133,

I'm not exactly sure what my stats work out to. Thanks to a bad mark in PHYS 106, my pre-req GPA is around 8.45 -- I think. My overall GPA is about the same or maybe slightly lower, and my MCAT average is 11.7. Hope this helps!

Much to my surprise, an invite for an interview was in my mailbox today. Not that I didn't expect one... just not this early. I thought they interviewed all 2/3 year students in the spring/summer. So, for all you 2/3 students... keep checking the mail!

Now I need to buy something to wear (nothing in my closet will cut it...)

EB

Guest Ian Wong

Hey sounds great! Good luck to you (heh, I'm being selfish too since I'd love to have a U of A moderator on board!) and don't forget to check out www.interviewfeedback.com.

We've also got a funny thread on dressing for the interview here. I can't believe it went on for as many posts as it did:

pub44.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm20.showMessage?topicID=24.topic

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest ajrezans

Hi everybody!

Let me get this straight, out of province applicants receive interview notifications before Alberta applicants? I guess that makes sense, since they need more time to plan for the journey to the city of champions (Edmonton). For anyone out there who IS an alberta resident, let us all know if you get an interview just to let us know if we should start worrying.

For those who have got interviews, are they during reading week (Feb 18-22)?

Also, I know that last year some (if not all) applicants received word of the interview by phone. Have they changed this?

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I just called the faculty of med at U of A. They said that there are two rounds of invites. One now and one at in May. The first round letters for invites were recently sent out last week and the next one will be sent in April. They said that there are no differences between the population which are invited during the different rounds.

hope this helps

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to add in my two bits. I had my interview yesterday and talked to Marlene Healy (the lady in charge of admissions). She said that, in addition to the interviews in Feb and May, there is one day of interviews in July. So don't despair if you don't get an interview invite for May!

Archived