Premed 101 Forums

Orientation Week - Dress Code

Guest summervirus

Guest summervirus

Hewwo,

Does anyone know if there's a dress code for the first day of school (September 3rd)?

I went through the orientation week package and found that we should wear outdoor attire for Wednesday and business attire for Thursday night.

I would hate to stick out on the first day because I dressed inappropriately. Thanks for your help. :)

Hey S-V,

I was going to get around to posting the same thing... When I got my acceptance package from UofC, it directly stated that for the first day of classes there was a dress-code of sorts... so I was wondering if a similar thing existed at UofA...

I don't really know anyone in last year's class well enough to ask them about it though... if anyone else knows, please let us know.

EB

Lol, that's hilarious...a dress code for the first day of medical school? Well, I guess we had a dress code for the White Coat Ceremony at my school but aside from that, most people's "dress code" were shorts and t-shirts for the first day of lectures. But, what do I know about UA? I'm in Grenada. :)

Cheers!

Guest summervirus

Hi EB,

Hmm. I was poking around the MSA website just now 8o and I found an online photo album with orientation week pictures from last year :) :

msaarchive.tripod.com/ww/ww.html

Looking at the pictures of the barbecue, I think that most people dress casually (i.e. jeans, T-shirt, and sandals) 8) :

msaarchive.tripod.com/ww/Dscn1117.jpg

msaarchive.tripod.com/ww/Dscn1105.jpg

But, there are a few people that wear nicer clothes :hat :

msaarchive.tripod.com/ww/Dscn1109.jpg

msaarchive.tripod.com/ww/Dscn1115.jpg

I guess they were just as confused as we are and decided to dress in whatever they felt most comfortable wearing. :D

Guest summervirus

Gadzooks! The links I put up (above) of the JPG pictures aren't clickable. *sniffle* You'll have to go to the page and manually click on each thumbnail.

Hey S-V,

I met up with someone I know who's in their 2nd year of med at the U of A, and you're right about there not really being any dress code. According to him, you can wear pretty much whatever you want.

EB

Archived