Premed 101 Forums

tuition and fees

Guest fox

can someone comment on the cost of books and fees in addition to tuition. when you apply for student loans they ask for this info, but it's not on the website. thanks

Guest shkelo

Go to the med office on the 2nd floor of MSB. There is an information sheet that estimates tuition, equipment, and book costs for medicine on a shelf in the lobby. They may not have updated it for next year yet...

Guest Sunshine

Can anyone give tell me how much a student starting in September will pay for tuition over the next 4 years? I am from out of town and can't pick up that information sheet that you were talking about and I can't seem to find any information on the internet. Thanks!!

I took this from the FAQ on the U of A Medicine website:

For 2003 entering class the basic Tuition is $6,066 plus a differential tuition of $2,000. The fees in addition to tuition is $463.32. The differential fee for 2004 and 2005 will be $4,000 and $6,000 respectively. The differential fees only apply to students entering in September 2003 and subsequently. All currently enrolled students are exempted from the differential fee. The basic Tuition will increase by the annual amount of tuition increases at the University of Alberta.

Guest Petra

hmm, i'm not sure I understand this. For 2003 we'll pay ~ $8000. Then does that stay with us and the entering class for 2004 will pay $10000, or will that apply to the 2003 class as well?

we will pay $8000 this year,$10 000 next year, and $12 000 the year after. This year's class (2006) is grandfathered and their tuition is staying at $6000 and will not jump up by $2000 each year.

Archived