Premed 101 Forums

Ezboarder meeting before class starts!

Guest pjdavis

Guest pjdavis

As per Koppertone's suggestion, I think that it might be a good for all of us ezboarder's to meet up before class starts. Class starts on the 30th so maybe we could meet the week before class while everyone is getting settled in. Any suggestions. There are tons of places right beside campus (i.e. Earl's, Avenue Pizza, Pharoh's Pizza etc.).

-Phil

Guest Lactic Folly

I think I'll be working up until the end of August, but I'd like to come. There's also SUB, the grassy areas around the hospital, etc. . . .

Guest Koppertone

Of course I'm up for it, but I don't have any suggestions b/c I'm not very familiar with Edmonton :P But I should be down there at least a week or two before classes start because SOMEbody has to get my phone and cable set up.

Guest anxiously

I definitely look forward to meeting up with all of you before classes start. I'll be heading up to edmonton in the next week or so to begin the hunt for the tiniest apartment imaginable and if all goes well I should be in town for most of august. It will be great to get to know a few people prior to the overload of 125 new faces! Anyone up for showing a newcomer around the city?

Congrats again to everyone...I'm so happy for all of us!

Tisha

Guest shkelo

Can I join in? This will be a third annual event for me. Summervirus and a few of the 2007s, you should join in on the fun as well!!

Phil, congrats man!! Harvey's a reasonable guy. You might be able to still write up and defend what you have for an MSc. You should talk to him straight up before you "bring the house down" at your committee meeting. (BTW, you've met me before first in the Pulse with some of my classmates. I'm just down the hall from you!! Suspiciously, no one has been working in your lab this week. Out playing, Phil?)

Last year we met at the powerplant and it was great... maybe we should meet late in the week before the weekend (I will be out of town until the 23 and I would like to meet y'all)!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Everyone,

I'm officially moving to Edmonton on the 13th of August, but it seems most of you are thiniking of meeting on/after the 24th...I'm pretty sure I'll be open to whatever date you guys choose....

Tisha, when do you take posession of the place you found?

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pjdavis

As with most of you, I am slowly starting to realise I have less than four weeks before class starts which isn't much considering I want a two week vacation before then. To be honest I am a little anxious about starting as I am not sure if I really deserve to be there and it will mean four more years of school. That said I really can't wait to be there (man I sound like I have bi-polar disorder), and want to suggest a potential meeting time and place. How's Wednesday the 25th (all responders say they'll be in town by then) at around 2 p.m in the PowerPlant? See you soon.

-Phil.

P.S- If anyone doesn't know where the Power Plant is P.M me and we could meet somewhere else and walk over as I'll be coming from Med Sci.

Guest Lactic Folly

I work during the daytime, so either Friday the 27th at 2 pm, or most days after 5 pm would be best for me. But if this time is best for everyone.. I'll see if I can't wiggle the schedule a bit. :)

PS Would you consider residency as part of those years of school ahead? Or is that more like work (of course it is work, but you know what I mean)? :b

Friday or Wednesday works for me.

pj, I think we're in the same boat regarding realizing how little time there is before classes begin... :)

Can't wait though!

I would love to come meet up with all the 2008's, but I work on Wed the 25 until 6pm. After 6 works for me, or any time on the 26 or 27. The powerplant was a great place for us to meet last year, it would probably work again this year.

And don't worry, even though school starts in less than 4 weeks, O-week is a blast, and all of Intro block is really relaxed, so you basically get to chill until just before Thanksgiving.

Guest pjdavis

Well an evening meeting works for me, the only thing is I have to know two weeks in advance as I also serve at a restaurant and would have to book it off. So here are four meeting times as per Lactic's, MUC's, and Fox's suggestions.

Wednesday the 25th, Thursday the 26th or Friday the 27th at 6ish in the PowerPlant, or Friday the 27th at around 2 p.m.

-Phil

P.S- MUC it's good to see I'm not the only one feeling this way!

P.P.S- Lactic not sure what residency is (work study maybe????). Either way I'm sure we'll have alot of fun in the next few years.

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Guys,

Wednesday the 26 at 6pm sounds good for me as well. I may not get there until just after six though...

Fox I sent you a pm...

Jennifer

Guest pjdavis

Allright,

It looks like Wednesday the 25th at 6pm in the PowerPlant is it. If anyone wants to meet up before and go as a group to the PowerPlant maybe we should meet outside the med office around 5:30 and we could all walk over.

-pjdavis

P.S- Koppertone and everyone else bring your significant other if you have one.

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

I'm in for meeting outside the med office at 5:30pm and then heading over to the powerplant together....I'm guessing the powerplant is in walking distance of the U?

Jenn

Archived