Premed 101 Forums

Team Building Workshop

Guest brandonitejr

Guest brandonitejr

I've gotta ask... what exactly does this workshop entail? I'm a little concerned they're going to drop us off in the middle of the woods and tell us to find our way home. :)

I'm sure it's one of those outdoorsy teamwork and trust-building workshops that many of us experienced in high school with Leadership councils, etc. I just hope they don't make us walk a tightrope 100 ft in the air like some of these seminars I've heard of... I'm scared of heights! :eek

Guest Lactic Folly

.."safety features of group challenge exercises"...

..."we are looking forward to your enthusiasm and FULL cooperation"...

.."should you have any queries or apprehensions about the experience"..

Hrmph.

Guest mirrille

Apna seems to have the right idea. I never did leadership council at high school, but I'd imagine it would be something like that. Maybe not tightropes, but probably something in the same vein.

Guest BrockD

I found it rather useless last year. It was at Rundle Park last year, and it lasted all day. It's a good way to meet people, however, and they actually do take attendance (scary). You do nothing remotely dangerous at this activity.

Guest Bighead

Yeah, its not that great, but its a good way to get to know more of your classmates. O-Week altogether is a blast, and this is one of those things thats designed to help you 'play well with others'. Besides, its manditory, and if you dont show up, they will find you and make you do some kind of workshop.

The day itself isnt bad, its pretty fun.

I, being the geek I am, actually really liked the team building day, and it was definitely a great way to get to know people more intimately. Make sure you wear comfortable clothes (ie. shorts, not skirts)... Traditionally it rains all day on that day, but it was hot and sunny for us, and as an added bonus, we got to work on our tans!

Archived