Premed 101 Forums

Fees and Textbooks

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Everyone,

I have not yet received my registration package from UofA, but went online and registered for all our first year classes today...however I am not sure when our tuition/fees are due?? Can't seem to find any info on the net specific to MD students, and am too impatient to wait for my package. Also, do the packages outline which texts we will need to purchase? Does anyone have this information?

Thanks everyone!!

Jennifer

Guest brandonitejr

Nope, not quite as high... it's about $6000 base tuition and a $4000 differential fee (which will increase to $6000 next year) - so a little over $10,000. Sigh... :|

Guest bean1983

Hey Jenn - I was just curious as to how you registered without your package. I would like to get my registration done too, but I don't know what courses to register in, and times avaliable etc. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Bean

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Heres what I registered in, I got it off another med students thread in a different topic:

Fall:

DMED 511 Lec A1

DMED 512 Lec A1

DMED 513 Lec L1

MED 516A Lec L1

Winter:

DMED 513B Lec L1

DMED 514 Lec L1

MED 516B Lec L1

MED 517 Sem B1

INTD 410 Sem X09

Just go into beartracks, your signin id is your student ID preceded by a capital W, if you don't know your password (I didn't know mine....so I clicked on the report a problem for "Students", and asked for my password and it was emailed to me immediately....then I just registered....

Jennifer

Guest pmcol

There is no real rush to register right away. You have no choices as to what courses to take or what times to take them at anyway. The only option you had was for the afternoon or evening session of Int D 410, but since the afternoon session is full, you have no choice in that either.

Guest summervirus

Regarding the whole textbook thing, you get a list at the beginning of each block. But, the med students also prepare a Survivor Handbook for the entering class (probably will be ready by O-Week) that will outline a student's opinion on different things like where to find food, what to expect in different blocks, what textbooks to buy, etc.

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Guys,

Has anyone been able to find the 2004 edition of Langman's Embryology text in HARDCOVER?? I haven't been able to, and seeings how we need it for the next two years I wouldn't mind getting the text in the more durable hardcover format...

Thanks,

Jennifer

Archived