Premed 101 Forums

Orientation

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Everyone,

I've just received an email from UofA orientation telling me I "must" register for orientation on the 6th of September. However, upon visiting the site it looks like something meant more for first year university students....has anyone else received this email? Wouldn't we have full days of classes by "O-week"?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Guest Med2B

I believe that is more for 1st year undergrads. We'll be into classes by than so you won't be able to go see the festivities anyway. The only important thing you need to get is your OneCard (UofA I.D. Card) if you don't go get it during O-week.

Guest apical meristems

Hey there,

I work for the Orientation Office! Just neglect the email you received. When the Registrar's Office forwards students' email addresses to our office, it does not sort them by faculty. As as result, all transferring students (including medical, dental, med lab sci and law) receive our mass mail out. Since these Faculties conduct their own orientation programs, they are not included in the general orientation program, which will run on September 6th and 7th.

The ONEcard Office will be carding on both September 6th and 7th in the Pavillion though, so make sure to get your student ID.

Hope this helps,

apical :D

Archived