Premed 101 Forums

Condo Shopping

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently "shopping" for a condo near the university. A current med student has emailed me a few listings that med graduates have been trying to sell. Students have been emailing out their listings to everyone, so if any of you are getting these emails could you please pass them along to me?

jpguille@ucalgary.ca

Also, if any of you have any other suggestions regarding the purchase of a condo (areas to look in/stay away from....etc)

Thanks everyone,

Jennifer

jennifer,

i did my research into condos around MSB (within a 3 block radius) last yr before buying my own condo. if you have any questions, feel free to ask. i have an awesome real estate agent too in case you need...

in the end, i ended up buying into University Plaza simply because of RESALE VALUE. The building is the poshest around the campus and so is in great demand by med students/residents/physicians....in fact, very few undergrads in the building. Advantages of the building: concrete (good for resale), underground heated parking, 2 washrooms (even in the 1+1 suites), finishing is lavish for student living. The building is so much in demand that a friend of mine from med2007 has been waiting for 3 months for a 1+1 to go on sale but none of them have.

1+1 prices are around 170,000+

2 bedrooms are around 220,000+ depending on how many upgrades are in the appt

other good buildings to try: univ place (on 111th)...but there weren't any places available in that building last i checked....

there's one more building on 111th across from the corner store....5 yrs old....not a bad building but it isn't concrete so expect to have some noise related issues.

hope that helps,

ssup

med 2007

Guest chemgirl

Here are two condos for sale at the same building I bought in. I totally recommend this building as it is a 20 minute walk to the uni in old strathcona. The building has a large reserve fund and is very well maintained. Covered, heated parking is a nice plus. Offer quite a bit less than the asking price, because my condo is every bit as nice as these ones and I paid quite a lot less. PM me if you want to know more!

Heritage House 1

Heritage House 2

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey Chem Girl,

I just bought a condo as well, on Whyte ave and 109th. I think I may have looked at some of the condo's in heritage house, but I can't remember...is it on Saskatchewan drive?

Also, are you from Calgary?? If so, we may know eachother as I was just working through a Chem degree at UofC....?

Jennifer

Guest chemgirl

Hi Jenn, I know which building you are talking about I think, that's a great choice! It's the big highrise with the metal loops on the top, right? Heritage House isn't on Saskatchewan drive, it's about three blocks south.

I'm from Edmonton so I don't think we'd know each other, but we will soon eh?

Archived