Premed 101 Forums

confirmation deposit

Guest Salkh

Guest Salkh

hi,

I paid my confirmation deposit on June 30th, it went through on my VISA on July 12th, but my UofA account balance online claims the registrar still hasn't received it. do we have to pay an additional $175 directly to the registrar's office?

I sent it by Priority Courier a few days before the July 16 deadline that the admissions letter stated... and yet my account balance also says that I haven't paid it yet... how long would it take to process the payment? Obviously, my cheque got there... otherwise the faculty would have contacted me and said I missed the deadline. Hopefully it's all straightened out in the next few days.:|

Just wanted to add that I haven't received mine either (actually didn't think to check until I saw this). But I submitted my payment and had it go through June 28th according to my credit card statement.

I think I'll give them a call tomorrow...

Guest pmcol

The same $175 you give to confirm your spot in the Class of 2008 goes to the registrar as a confirmation deposit (mine did). It took them forever to process my deposit: they did not even cash the cheque for 3 or 4 weeks after I submitted it, so don't worry if it seems like they are dragging their feet on this. There is still plenty of time, seeing as the deadline for the confirmation deposit is August 16.

Guest Mimimowmow

I send my back with Fedex on hte 14th, and they processed it already and registrar website shown the admitted status already. Maybe they have some hold up lately??

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

Hey All,

I don't even know if I have an Alberta account?? Are you all already UofA students and thats how you are able to access your accounts? I sent off my deposit last week but haven't got my registration package yet (I did call and confirm the deposit was received)...just wondering if I'm missing something...?

Guest Salkh

hi Jenn,

you should get your UofA ID number when you get your registration package, and you'll be able to access your registrar's account and your beartracks account with that.

Guest Salkh

hey guys,

I called the financial office, and they said everything is fine, it's just that the website is not updating properly. nothing to worry about.

Archived