Premed 101 Forums

buying parking?

Guest 789789

Guest 789789

Hello,

How would I go about getting parking close to the med sciences building at the u of a? Can it be done online? Also I was wondering if it is monthly or yearly...

Thanks

Hi.

You can find parking info at:

www.ualberta.ca/PARKING/

You can reserve parking online, but need to go in to the office to pay for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you need to pay all at once. If you decide later that you don't want parking you can get a refund.

As for location, I'm at Jubilee -- some people tend to dislike it...

but it's cheap and very close to med sci.

Guest apical meristems

I just purchased my pass the other day and you can purchase it monthly. You just have to specify when go in a get your pass.

apical

Guest pmcol

All throughout undergrad I've resisted the desire to get myself a vehicle because I kept hearing horror stories of how hard it is to find parking near campus. For those of you who drive to school, how hard was it to find parking? I'm at the point now where I think that I really need a vehicle.

This will be my first year driving, but I've talked to people I know who drive and they don't have a problem with finding a spot as long as they have a pass.

I've also taken the liberty to look into this a little more and the U/A parking people said that if there are no spots to parking somewhere else and then call them. They'll solve the problem so it won't happen again.

But really, I don't foresee a problem as long as you have a pass.

I guess the need for a vehicle comes from the fact that it takes me an hour to get to the U and an hour back via bus -- and I live in Edmonton. This is verses the 20-22 minutes driving (on average). (There is no LRT close to where I live.)

Archived