Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone else heard about 2nd round yet?

Guest Impatient

Guest Impatient

From the "acceptances"/"waiting thread" it seems as though only one soul from this site has heard about acceptance/or alternate status from second round.

Have any others heard and are they just not on this site? or does the waiting continue?? Just wondering if I am waiting in vain. Someone stopped by the office and was told that everyone was to have heard by the end of this week....anyway. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Guest jaelle

I got a call yesterday morning (I was accepted)... around 10AM. I'm an Alberta resident, just finished a BSc (4yrs), and i interviewed during reading week... hope that helps.

Guest MUC1

I got a call today (around 2pm) for acceptance and went by to pick up the letter.

EDIT: For extra information, I'm a 2nd year applicant and was interviewed during the May interviews.

Guest swedeboy

Congrats to you both and welcome to the class of 2008! It feels pretty good doesn't it?!? :D Best of luck to all those people still waiting for the good phone call / acceptance letter.

swedeboy

Guest MUC1

I don't know for sure, but I think they're doing the calling by alpalphabetic order -- so essentially they're around a little pass half way (based on my last name)...

Hope this helps.

Guest Bighead

Yeah, there were only a handful of candidates from the 4th year pool that would have gotten calls or letters at this point. If you dont have one, dont get discouraged. The waitlist is huge, and historically moves a LOT. People will likely get acceptances from other schools and forfeit their U of A deposit.

Either way, give it some time. Like, at least till the end of the month. I know it sounds like forever, but unfortunately there isnt much else to do.

Archived