Premed 101 Forums

acceptance phone calls today?

Guest Salkh

Guest rootbie

But who told you the calls were being made today? From what I can deduce, it seems like no one really knows when the calls will be made. I think I've seen a few people say tomorrow June 1st is the day, however, I've talked to some people that say they do the 2nd round of acceptances (that is 4th years and 2nd/3rd years) altogether, and this is done in middle-to-late June.

Guest pjdavis

I know the ADCOM meeting was on the 27th of May as I talked to Marlene Healey a couple of weeks ago. When I talked to her she said phone calls would be made on the 28th and 31st of May. However, as I hadn't recieved a phone call and no one to my knowledge has I called the office again on Monday (the 31st), and the secretary transfered me to Andrea who said they were in the process of typing letters and once they were done they would begin to make calls. I have no idea when this will be, but I was told they were about half done as of Monday morning, so it will hopefully be very soon.

--pjdavis

Guest MUC1

I'm wondering, do they actually make phone calls or just send letters? Because on my invitation for an interview, it just said that I will be notified via slow mail. Or do they do both?

Thanks!

Guest snoopychan

I was an OOP applicant last year and my acceptance was notified only by mail. However, I have a colleague who was notified by phone.

Guest pjdavis

I just got a call today. I ahve been wait-listed, for the in-province wait-list. Good luck to all, may if you are like me may we all be high on it and may it move quickly.

-pjdavis

Guest medwannabe123

So pjdavis,

Did you get a call to tell you that you were on the waitlist, or did they call to tell you that you were accepted off the waitlist. In either case, congratulations.

Guest pjdavis

I work at the U of A and I was checking my messages and there was a message from Andrea saying there was a letter for me to pick up. I wasn't quite sure what this meant but as the admissions office is only 5 floors down I went and got it and it was an alternate candidate (wait-list) letter. No idea how many were accepted and wait-listed all I know is that we all have till the 18th of June to confirm our respective acceptances and wait-list offers. Hope this helps.

Guest 0nsp

Hey Pj,

I'm in the Casey lab, 7-21 MSB, and yes I applied this yaer, just waiting to find out now. I have no idea who you are, but like I said, it's a small floor, so if I haven't seen you yet, I will soon. Which lab are you in?

Guest pjdavis

Hey Onsp,

I'm in the Harvey lab 7-41 MSB. I thought I knew everyone in the Casey lab. Are you a summer student, or do we actually know each other. Are you female if so I know two girls in that lab whose first name starts with an H, and I know the two Argentinian guys starting with a B and a P. Obviously my first name starts with a P.

Guest snoopychan

Wow, sounds like a party up in physiology. I'm working there for the summer too, in Dr. Ho and Chik's endocrine lab. This is only my 3rd week here and there are still many unfamiliar faces. My name starts with a K :) Party on!!

- Snoops

Guest 0nsp

Wow, that is quite the party up here!! :hat Sounds like you know our lab pretty well Pj. Yes I'm a summer student, starting with N (well both Summer students are, but I'm the guy). But we also have a tonne of new people coming into our lab besides those you named. A new exchange student from Thailand just started, who's here for 6 months, we have a new lab tech, and 2 more grad students are coming in soon, so there'll be a lot of new faces in the lab. Anyways, see you guys around.

Archived