Premed 101 Forums

U of A Countdown 2004!

Guest pjdavis

Guest pjdavis

Well I have been looking at past posts and trying to figure out the scheme of things for us 4th year plus applicants who have interviewed but haven't been accepted yet. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!!! As previously mentioned it appears that two thirds of the 4th year plus applicants have been accepted meaning that it is likely that there are about 30-40 spots left for us interviewees. However other schools such as Calgary and UBC are sending out or will soon be sending out acceptances that may free up a few places. :\ I know there are a few, and I mean a handful of 4+ year applicants interviews left on the 21st of May but I think (please correct me on this) that they are all OOP applicants, which will not affect in province placements. Last year it appears they made phone calls on the last two buisness days in May to 4+ year applicants who were accepted, and sent the letters out for "alternative candidates" (the waitlist) at that time. This would mean (if past trends still remain) that those accepted should be getting phone calls as early as the 27th of May (my birthday fingers are definetly crossed for the best B-Day present ever), and as late as Monday the 31st of May (the week when most 4+ year applicants recieved their wait-list letters last year). Therefore I conclude that only 17 days remain:rolleyes

Guest summervirus

My understanding is that the May interviews includes in-province applicants too. I have friends from in-province that were finishing their degrees (4th years) that were interviewed in May last year.

I think that offers will be made again around mid-June.

Guest Bighead

There's only a handful of 4th year interviews happening next week, most of which are people from the east coast who were unable to make it due to weather.

Guest Bighead

As for the rest of what you posted, you're pretty much right with your timeline. It'll be around there that first round offers will be complete for everyone. Then, its waitlist time. GOOD LUCK!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Salkh

Hi - I'm an in-province 4th-year and interviewed on May 21st. Apparently there were only a couple of us, and a handful of OOP interviewees. UofA's admissions process is somewhat confusing.

Archived