Premed 101 Forums

Such a quiet forum...

Guest chemgirl

Guest chemgirl

Wow, its been five days since the last post!

How did everyone's exams go? What are your plans for the summer? Is anyone travelling to cool and exotic locations or working at a great summer job?

I'll start... I didn't have any "exams" per se, but I just finished my PhD candidacy exam on friday, the last hoop you have to jump through to become a PhD candidate. It was quite an arduous task, a 15 page grant proposal, which you submit ten days before the actual exam, which consists of a 30 minute oral presentation on your proposal followed by a round of questioning by five profs in the department, 20 minutes each. I'm really glad it's over.

The only travelling I am doing this summer is to vancouver and seattle as far as I know. I was in vancouver for the first time last year and I fell in love, it is such a beautiful city, so this year I am extending my travel a bit more south to include seattle as well. Other than that, I will just be working on research.

So that's it for me, how about everyone else?

Guest whatever

Yea, very quiet... Perhaps everyone is studying for the exam coming up next week. Then medical classes are done......well, we dental students will continue for another 3 months, purely for dentistry pleasure... :b

Guest fox

I think it was so quiet because people couldn't access the forum... this is the first day that I've been able to get on.

Archived