Premed 101 Forums

Pre-Req Courses section on application

Guest chiapet921

Guest chiapet921

Hi there!~

Just wondering about the online application...I've sent my transcripts to UofA...will they automatically find my pre-req courses and enter the info into this section for me? Since there is no way for me to enter the info online...

Perhaps someone may know how to deal with this section? Thanks!

Guest summervirus

If I understand your question correctly, you don't have to explicitly state which courses are your pre-reqs. UA Admissions will calculate your marks and figure out if you met all your pre-reqs themselves. :)

The registrar's office will make sure you have met all your pre-reqs. If you, for example, took three biochem courses, they will sift through and take your biochem course with the highest mark, so you don't need to worry.

Guest chiapet921

Thank you!

Yes, I'm applying from Ont., so I wasn't sure if the proper procedure was to just forward a transcript from my univ. to UofA...but I've done that already and guess it should be ok...!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chiapet921

Hi there!~

My transcipt is finally available for me to see online in the application, and turns out I'm missing 1 chem class from the pre-reqs...somehow a 1st yr. orgo chem (CHM138 @ UofT) is taken as an inorganic chem class at UofA? And my CHM220H (physical chem) is not even listed in the list...

I plan on calling the folks at admissions first thing on monday morning...any ideas if this is a mistake on their part or just that my classes don't fit?

Thanks! :|

Archived