Premed 101 Forums

first exam

Guest ssup

hey med 2007,

i've been talking with a few ppl in the class and it seems that a lot of ppl are receiving info from ppl in previous years as to what the exam emphasizes; what to bother studying and what likely won't be tested.

For the benefit of those of us who don't know many ppl in previous yrs, I thought it might be helpful for us to share any little tid bits we might have heard.

anyone?

ssup

hey ssup

histoquest is obvisouly a big one, i have heard every exam has histoquest stuff on it, and considering how much we had to cover in it, i would think it's important. my support group leaders said that you can guage how many questions there will be pertaining to each subject based on the number of lecture hours we had on it. so, for example, we had about 10 hours in total on molecular biology and genetics (that big 48 page lecture and then today and last wednesday's stuff), so there will probably be more questions on that (lucky for me) than there would be on, say, radiology. having said that, i think we're all a little apprehensive of what to expect, so input would be totally appreciated!

Guest sassy101

Hey guys,

I have heard that their is suprisingly some informatics questions on the exam.....probably wouldnt hurt to read over the ebm manual we were given....i imagine it would be a good idea to know which type of studies would be best to answer a diagnosis, therapy, prognosis or etiology question. But I doubt this makes up a big part of the exam

Guest shkelo

Honestly, I don't remember what was on that exam. However, I do remember that the class average for that exam was 82-83% and was by far the easiest exam we wrote all year. Take it for what's it's worth. I'm not suggesting "don't study", but relax (remember the orientation video!!) and do your best. You are only competing with yourself now!! (i.e. Know your limits.)

Guest summervirus

That sounds like great advice, shkelo! :) Basically anything you learned since school started can appear on the exam. So, you should probably look at everything -- even briefly -- at least once. They make the exam really fair. It's not intended to fail anyone and it's a good way to start the year. As shkelo said, just do your best and relax! :D

Archived