Premed 101 Forums

to first yr meds...

Guest ssup

hey guys,

a few clarification Qs:

a) I think I remember hearing that we could get out one-cards coded from Nathan on Wed/Thurs? Does anyone know what time and where?

B) Is membership to AMA and CMA required or suggested? Can any current meds elaborate on what the benefits are....

thanks guys,

ssup

Guest mirrille

Hi

a) I don't know whether Nathan has made an announcement to your class yet. Sorry.

B) Membership to AMA is not required. Most people join. I guess it's worth it if you want the insurance plans they can connect you with. Otherwise, the only thing they seem to offer is a subscription to CMAJ. They should be giving some presentation to you class soon trying to get you to join. You can decide after you've talked to them.

sorry about the infinite amount of Qs guys....here's another:

on the schedule we got this morning, for wed. sept 10th they have us coming in for those computer labs in one of four groups. Is that all we have on that day then?

For example, if we are in Group 4 then we only have school from 3-5 on Wed?

Thanks,

Ssup

Guest snoopychan

Hey ssup,

To the best of my understanding, that is all we have to attend on Wednesday. I have heard from students in previous years that we get Wednesday mornings and Friday afternoons off, and our schedule is consistent with that. I too am in group 4!! Go Group 4!!

Once again, awesome orientation everyone. I loved meeting everyone.

snoops

The best reason to join these groups is that there are scholarships available for $1000-2500. There are also travel stipends for your rural medicine elective in 3rd and 4th year. 3 weeks in Jasper anyone?

Yes, yes, yes, some people use C, but you use K. I've just realized that. Too many people with that name in our class.

I think I said hi to you and Bernard this Monday before the class started. Uh-oh...better run...... :D

Guest snoopychan

Ha, nice try. I can't even remember who I said hi to this morning, let alone Monday. I will track you down, mystery boy or girl. I traced the initials BBB back to the class list but that offered no help. Foiled!

Archived