Premed 101 Forums

pocket sized reference books

Guest iamanurse

Guest iamanurse

While at work, I often see medical students referring to (amazingly tiny) pocket sized reference books. I've seen many 'pocket sized' reference books that fall short of their description (adding extra bulk and weight to already overflowing pockets!) - these particular ones are indeed tiny (3" x 5") and given the number of times they appear to be referred to... seem quite useful.

I'm just wondering which ones would be recommended.

Thanks!

Guest UWOMED2005

At the least, I believe ?Tarascon's Pharmacopia? is pretty standard. But many of these books are being replaced by electronic versions for PDAs.

Guest iamanurse

Yes - I have seen a pharmaceutical reference being used and just wondered what it was called. I am interested in obtaining one if it may be of use in my both my current practice and (hopefully) future career as a physician. Just thought I'd check into it more.

I do recall seeing other similar books (ie: tiny) but am not sure which topics they cover.

Thanks for the reply - it is appreciated. Take care!

Guest iamanurse

Thanks guys - I appreciate the info (as always!). I've now got approximately six 'itty bitty books' that I can look into - and perhaps fill my pockets with! (haha... so much for cutting down on the pocket junk! - just kidding - I'm sure even a book fiend like myself would'nt need ALL of them)

I'll check out Chapters Online later to see if they are available there (???) - too many night shifts to do this now. Take care!

Archived