Premed 101 Forums

Clinical Anatomy Made Ridiculously Simple: any reviews?

Guest monkey

Guest monkey

hey

does anyone know if this book is any good:

TITLE: Clinical Anatomy Made Ridiculously Simple

Author: Stephen Goldberg

Our (chapters/indigo.ca)Price: $30.95

i found it while looking for the price of Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple.

Guest Ian Wong

I have it. It's not bad, but not up to the level of Clinical Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, which is the greatest med student microbiology book ever invented!

The CAMRS just doesn't have enough detail to get you through a med student level anatomy course in my experience. It also uses just black and white line drawings of bones and muscles etc, so you can forget about any depth perception in the diagrams, and obviously no easy identification of vessels and nerves as they are anatomically situated. I've kept my copy because there are some good mnemonics in there, and I think the head and neck section is decent. However, it's a book you can do without.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah you can 'cheat' on microbiology with "Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple." No way Dr. Hrycyshyn (hope I spelt it right. . . it's pronounced her-cision) will allow you to 'cheat' like that on anatomy. And you'll spend enough time poring over Netter's, Rohen & Yokochi, and/or Moore's that the last thing you'll want to do is look at another anatomy book. . .

Archived