Premed 101 Forums

Listing Awards / Future Activities

Guest GloballyAware

Guest GloballyAware

Hi,

Two things :-)

1. I'm wondering if someone could tell me the best way to 'date' awards - it seems as though the site will not let me enter just one date (for instance the month I received the award) and requires both start and finish dates. Say, for example, I was to say that I was given an award for community leadership, how would I date that?

2. I'm currently in Thailand and doing research until the end of January. Again for dates, would you recommend that as the "end date" I enter ----- to signify that it is on-going, or that I put January 2006 as I know that's when it will end?

Thanks so much!

-GA

how bad does it look if you have not received any awards? i mean, i was given some arbitrary award in high school, like being on the honour roll for a semester or something equally trivial. but i didn't get any entrance scholarships, nor have i received any awards in university. how bad does it look to adcoms to see this empty space on an application?

Guest docormama

GloballyAware,

1) For dating my awards, I put the start and end date as the same date.

2) I would put January 2006 if it lets you, unless there is a possibility that it will last longer.

VS12,

As long as the rest of your sketch is full, i am sure it will not reflect terribly. The whole research section of my sketch is empty and I got an interview last year.

For myself, I did an international placement as part of my program. I am not really sure if it belongs in my sketch since it was technically part of my degree. Or maybe I should just reflect it in my questions where appropriate? Any input would be good.

Also, if I took a continuing education course at college, would that be under education, or extracurricular activities?

Thanks a bunch.

Guest uftstudent

Hmmm...for awards i've been putting the school year i recieved it for (for example in high school and scholarship). For entrance schol. i just but the start and end date as the same. Anyone know which way is better, or will this combo work? thanks

Archived