Premed 101 Forums

Releasing MCAT scores to schools via THx

Guest geekpunk

Guest geekpunk

Alright, so I'm probably a bit too paranoid but I'm not sure about something when releasing MCAT scores.

I took the August 2004 MCAT and did poorly so I just re-wrote in August 2005. I'm applying this year and the scores will be up on THx around October 20th. But obviously, some applications (i.e. OMSAS) are due earlier than that. So do I just go ahead and release my scores now before the August 2005 scores are up? Will the 2005 scores be automatically sent to all the schools I designated once they come up? I just don't want the Med schools to base their cutoffs on my last year's MCAT score (damn Verbal Reasoning)! Thanks in advance for any help

Guest leafs123

I believe you still submit the OMSAS application as usual and simply select the most recent MCAT test date. Then, when the MCAT results are out, you go to the Thx website and release them to OMSAS, which also requires that you send an email to OMSAS with your AAMC ID (if you dont already have one, but in your case, you should have one from last summer). When you release your scores, OMSAS will collect all MCAT scores, and then forward them to the schools. But I dont think you need to release the scores now. Maybe somebody can confirm this?

leafs123

Guest uftstudent

phew:) ...so we don't need an AAMC ID until the score report is released? I don't think i have one, just the 6 digit reference number I got when registering for the mcat.

Archived