Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Bachelor of Health Sciences Program

Guest triumph

Guest Health Sci

Interesting....It seems like a few of the questions on this year's supp app were not on last year's. Good luck to all BHSc applicants! I hope to see you a year from now. :)

Hi everyone, I was just wondering how difficult it is to get a second year transfer into the healthsci. program. I know that they only accept 20 applicants but is the supplementary application similar to the one used for first year entrance? I really think it was my marks that resulted in my rejection but I wasn't really as set on this program as I am now; I feel a lot more passionate about it and hopefully this will show up in both my grades and supp. application.

Any help is truly appreciated! Thank you!

hi

i can reassure with first hand experience that, no, it's not overtly difficult to enter in as a transfer student. check out www.fhs.mcmaster.ca/bhsc/...level2.htm for the requirements. u simply require completion of 1st year bio and chem, a GPA of B- and obviously a very good supp app. since u've had time to seriously think about entering health sci over the year, then likely it will show up in your sup app. hopefully uve had time to actually get to know what this program is about and not simply write it off as another "pre-med" gig...because that certainly isn't the whole story.

harms

Guest vicervixen

I am a bit confused when it comes to answering the questions on the Supplementary Application for this program. Should you focus on going with your gut and your first instincts...or...try to be unique and offer a very different, possibly unexpected answer?

Any hints?

Archived