Premed 101 Forums

Just wondering - sketch and submissions

Guest jll

Hey just wondering when I'm writing up my submissions for my application - should I only use examples from the activities mentioned in my sketch or is it okay to mention other things?

Thanks

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Especially if you have a lot of activities, some of which might have not been included in your sketch, you can absolutely mention non-sketch items in your essays. In fact, the essay is a good vehicle for introducing other dimensions of you and your life and expanding upon sketch items.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest rubberoduck

Just for confirmation, I have a list of verfiers' contacts on OMSAS. I know I'm supposed to quote them in my McMaster answer form, but do I need to do the same for Queens, UT? Who actually sees those verifiers? I just want to make sure that I'm following all the rules

PS: if an activity is mentioned twice (ie work) in two separate questions, do I need to make the same verifier quotation twice?

PPS: I find it strange that they request direct verifier's number in the submission instead of the actvity's number, since the name of the activity is followed by the verifier, I thinking quoting the activity makes more sense because the reader can actually see what was done. Hence, my question is, I AM SUPPOSED to quote the verifier's number and not the activity number right??

Archived