Premed 101 Forums

Sketchy Sketch?

Guest hickfromsticks

Guest hickfromsticks

It's late and I was just wondering... does the typical medical school applicant fill up all 48 slots on the OMSAS sketch? Is it better to put in things like working at McDonalds :o in high school on it rather than leaving some sections blank, or is this kinda sketchy?

hickfromsticks

Guest aneliz

You do not need to fill in all 48 lines to get accepted. As for what you include, I think the directions say include everything from age 16 to the present... so high school jobs are acceptable for inclusion. Up to you and space considerations if you actually want to add them in.

Guest blinknoodle

I don't think there is any hard and fast rule about what to include on your sketch, other than you can include anything you've done past the age of 16. I'd look at what each activity adds to your overall sketch. Personally, I included my my job in retail from high school (and a bit of university) because it demonstrated a particular skillset I had developed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest uftstudent

Hi...

So we're told to add in things after age 16...What if I want to add in being part of a sports team in grade 9...since this is the ONLY sporting activity I've EVER been a part of, so i feel it would help my application. Is it completely wrong to add in high school activities before age 16, even if u have plenty of room left over?

thanks!

Guest s sadry

yea thats a good point...

i have some pretty important activities that shaped me which i completed just months prior to turning 16, but i guess i can't include them?

and seeing as i'm only 19 now, i don't see why it would reflect so poorly to mention something i did just over a few years ago.

but i understand the rules, if you start extending the age, where do you draw the line...people may go as far back as grade 6 piano lessons ;)

Archived