Premed 101 Forums

Mt. Sinai Hospital, Toronto volunteering

Guest magicbullet57

Guest wab8611

i wanted to volunteer at sinai but the basically told me i have to work my scheduele at uni in order to volunteer with them for four hours a day per week. this was hard for me since i am a first year student who is taking 5 courses with 3 labs and 4 tutorials.

just wanted to put in my input on mount sinai

Guest arachniphobic730

hey

i worked in the obstetrics clinic (in the hydro building) for about a year. i got to translate a lot of genetic counselling sessions, which were fun...but the endless filing sucked

just as a note, i find that mt sinai volunteering coordinators don't treat their volunteers as well as other hospitals. i found that they were a little snooty if you told them you weren't able to make it (man, i missed a session once and they flipped on me)....

but it is a nice hospital...

Guest Sunmoonandstar

wab8611:

If you're looking to volunteer in a hospital with lots of patient contact you could walk up the street to the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (Clarke Site). They have an excellent volunteer program in which you work with in-patients. They have a lot of different programs ranging from sports teams to crafts. They're very flexible with hours too, I think the minimum is three hours per week but you can do a lot more if you want to.

Archived