Premed 101 Forums

Verifyers

Guest SherriONT

Guest SherriONT

If I am only applying to McMaster, do I still need to complete the list of verifyers to go along with my sketch? Is it required for all schools, or only some?

Guest Madz25

Yes, you need to complete the verifiers list for your sketch if you're applying to McMaster. Whenever you mention an activity in answering the 5 questions, you must include the corresponding verifier (the # of the verifier in the list, ie. 1, 2, 3 etc) for each activity mentioned.

Madz

Guest SherriONT

thanks madz...

but do i need to provide a verifyer for ALL of the activities listed on the sketch, or only those that I mention in my autobio submission?

Guest K2Optimist

Hi Sherri,

I'm pretty sure that you only need to provide verifyers for those activities that you mention in your Mac essays. I may be wrong, but I don't think you have to list a verifyer for each activity on the 48 item list.

K2O

u only hurt yourself if you don't have a verifier for each entry in the maximum 48 allowed.

If you don't, and they (adcom) wanna know (by random chance) if you actually did go to Africa, they'll never know and won't trust your EC list, and therefore, that could work against you.

You can have the same verifier for multiple entries, but make damn sure you have a number beside each of your entries to indicate the verifier.

Like someone said, better safe than sorry.

Kupo

Guest weerdo

The instructions state that McMaster does not require verifiers for the sketch, only for the submission. If you mention travelling to Africa only in your sketch, I suggest re-thinking your answers to those 5 questions. Sorry, but what is wrong with just following the rules?

heh

i didnt realize the orginal question pertained to mcmaster application only. my bad. and no, there's nothing wrong with following the rules. just don't forget to make the changes if you do decide to apply to other schools in Ontario as well, 'cause that would suck not to have verifier numbers on your sketch.

Kupo

Archived