Premed 101 Forums

autobiographical sketch

Guest malkastate

Guest malkastate

just wondering.... I realize we have to group our autobiographical activities together-but other than that should we be putting them in any kind of order i.e. chronilogical, reverse chronilogical etc. Also does it matter the order you group them in. Do we have to put education first, then employment etc as per the scroll down list or can we put down experiences that seem to be most relevant-for example-my employment activities are way more interesting than my education-so can I put those first?

Also-given that we're supposed to thinking back to approx age 16-should we provide details of our highschool education?

how can I be so stressed just filling out an application?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

In terms of the Ontario application (OMSAS) the categories for the sketch are ordered for you automatically. You can fill them in using any order you prefer.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I think that the OMSAS system will order things for you according to date and activity type, so don't worry too much about doing it in order. (You could always try inputting 3 different things in random order and seeing if it sorts it for you.)

I found it helpful to make a list on a piece of paper of ALL my activities and then deciding which ones to include if I had more than the number allowed. I think I put down that I had my Ontario Secondary School Diploma, but didn't include any other educational details for high school. I did include some extracurriculars, volunteer activities, and awards that I obtained during that time though.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

OMSAS will order your sketch items by activity category, e.g., Formal Education, Awards, Other, etc., and then within each of those categories, by date. Therefore, you can add items and then edit the list at any time, without any worry of having to re-type the entire list again.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived