Premed 101 Forums

Med + Dental application

Guest rubberoduck

Guest rubberoduck

Hi

I'm thinking about applying for dentistry at the same time as my medical school application. I was just wondering, for the case of UofT and Western, will they know that I'm applying to both schools at once? Does this in anyway jeopardize either of my applications? Thanks

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Not sure about UT, but at UWO, the medical program won't know about your dentistry application unless you bring it up at your interview, so I wouldn't worry about such a thing being held against you, because it won't be! Hope this helps!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest westernboi

I agree with Timmy.

I am pretty sure they are not gonna go through more than 500 applications just to find out if you have applied to both. Although, they could if they want to since applications are stored in data base using mySQL.

But why would they? What's wrong with being an overachiever?

Frankly, I am aiming at both dent and med too, :)

Guest Qwigley

I applied to both. It's a great idea to have a back-up plan and it buys you more time before you have to make a decision about your career (if you're not completely decided). Also, since you can transfer your Dentistry interview scores to other schools, doing the Med interviews gives you an opportunity to see the schools where you might not attend an interview for Dent (Med interview scores can't be transfered).

In regards to your questions, although I'm not sure of the specifics of those schools, I'd say it wouldn't jeopardize your applications at all. I was never asked about applying to both in my interviews and I never brought it up. However, if they asked you about that, it'd be a perfect opportunity to talk about how great of an applicant you are and how you have actually thought things through and have back-up plans.

Good luck!

Guest pocketrocket999

I applied to both this year and got in to both, so i doubt one has any affect on the other application. However, the dental ppl do give out their acceptances almost 2 months ahead of the Ontario Med schools, so i lost out on my deposit for dental :P Im still kinda pissed. LOL

Archived