Premed 101 Forums

i made my decision..ibook g4 14-inch

Guest wab8611

Guest wab8611

for the laptop i think i finally came toa decision....

drum role plz .......................

damnit i dont kno how to make a drum role sound using words...w/e

i decided to pick the ibook 14-inch g4 - with the student plan i save a lot of money, i get a ipod mini (which im selling) and i get microsoft office for apple $500 cheaper (699-199). plus the battery life is like 3.7hrs and with the additional battery its 6.2 hrs. (and thats usage time not stand by)

so this is my choice.. please tell me what you think.. and if there is any reason why i should change my mind.

i was also wondering..(stupid question).. does apply support pdf files..i need it for downloadable lecture notes.

wab8611

Guest flying kumquat

I would hold off a couple days on the purchase. There are some rumours going around about updated iBooks coming out very soon, and the free iPod deal lasts until September 24.

Rumour, but they've been right before.

Guest melinda75

You'll definitely be able to open .pdf files on your iBook. I have the iBook 12" and love it. Adobe, a graphics company, loves the Macintosh, since Macs are primarily used in the graphics industry.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Melinda

if you have the extra cash, i'd recommend the powerbook. they're built much more solid, and if you can live with the 12-inch version, its not too much more.

Guest medeng

Apple actually lets you create pdf files (its a native file format to OS X) from any application. You can always use acrobat (either free reader or the full $$$ version) too...

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

As noted on another post somewhere, I currently use a 12" Powerbook and love it. It's super-portable and a very efficient wee machine. I've never used an iBook, so I can't make a valid comparison, but I'd definitely give a thumbs up to the 12" Powerbook. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest sweetstuff25

my friend has a powerbook and they are so pro! but the only bad thing is that they can burn your crotch. :| but i dunno how hot the ibooks get.

Guest Shakespearean Fool

Nice move on the apple. though if you had the mulla to waste, you prolly ought to go for the powerbook g4 12 inch. that is some killer piece of harware.:eek . but if you just want a decent laptop, with biggest bang for sallest book, and stylish too, then you made the right decision in ym opinion. cheers.

Guest nextstopmd

The updated iBooks have arrived. They now have Bluetooth and 512MB of RAM standard. They also now have a scrolling trackpad. The 14" is 1520.00 through the education store.... I have the 12" iBook and I love how portable it is. The 12" Powerbook is great too, but to me it just wasn't worth the extra 500-600.

You'll have no problems with PDFs.

nextstopmd

Guest wab8611

sweet the new ibook is out.. im goina check it out now and order it sometime this week or next. thanks everyone for your help and input.

wab8611

Archived