Premed 101 Forums

assessment forms in espanol

Guest SherriONT

Guest SherriONT

Does anyone know what the protocol is for reference letters that need to be translated into english?

I spent a semester in Cuba to do research on medicinal plants, and would like my Cuban advisor to be an academic reference. However, she is not proficient in english, and I would need to translate the OMSAS questionnaire into spanish for her and subsequently translate her reference letter into english. How would I do that in a way that OMSAS will still honour her letter?

Also, the postal system in Cuba is unbelievably slow|I and I don't think that all the sending back and forth can be done before the deadline. Do they accept emailed assessment forms?

PS- I'm applying to Mac and U of O in case it varies between different universities

Thanks!

Hmmm I thought I wrote a response to this yesterday, but I guess it never showed up...

Anwyays, my advice was that for that sort of question I'd be tempted to phone OMSAS directly and they might even direct you to speak to the individual schools. I don't know anyone who has submitted a form in a language other than English before though. Perhaps someone else does have experience with this.

Archived