Premed 101 Forums

What Are My Chances???

Guest GQatUWO

Guest tottihead

haha, you're kidding right???

As long as you dont totally bomb the DAT or the interview you're pretty much guaranteed to get into whatever school you want.

I wouldnt worry at all, you'll be fine.

You might be thinking that because youre in your second year you have a less chance of getting in. But, It's actually quite different. I know people who got in after 2 and their gpa was actually lower than yours (like 3.75 and 3.65), so im sure you'll be fine.

Guest GQatUWO

Thanks for your reply totti.

On a side note, I think it's not fair that a person that has gotten their degree (ie finished 4 years) gets awarded bonus points when they apply to UWO dentistry. What do you guys think?

Unlike medical schools, many dental schools have tremendous difficulty finding people willing to do dental research after their graduation. I guess people who have completed their degree in science, especially those in honours program, are more receptive to scientific research. They'll probably have considered a career in research besides dentistry some time in their lives. They should have, otherwise they'll be out of job after graduation. Plus, they'll have more knowledge in experimental designs and methodology and evaluation of their peers' research (which is important because there are tons of bad journal articles out there!).

Archived