Premed 101 Forums

Taking 233 and 235L over the summer concurrently

Guest EMHC

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of taking 233 and 235L (at the same time) over the summer. It means that I'll be crunching 3 months of work into 6 weeks. Is this suicidal, in terms of doing both the lab and course work in 6 weeks like 233 wasn't enough already, or can this be done with a reasonable amount of effort? Could anyone give me any tips on studying for the material (and luckily come out with a strong finish)? I will be focused on solely these two courses during that period so that means I can virtual have 'no life' for 6 weeks.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EMHC

Guest mitchie41

I took chem 233 last summer. It's not too bad because you only have one course to study for.

Just make sure you get Lermer, because the other instructor SUCKED.

I'm taking chem 235 right now.

it's pretty easy, and there's VERY LITTLE studying for the course. I wish they had offered the lab last summer, because I would've taken it.

As for tips, just KEEP UP. Expect to spend ~ 3 hours after class each day trying to absorb the material and practice all those reactions backwards and forwards, and if you're really smart, then you'll pre-read as well.

Are there mid-term tests or final exams for Chem 235? Having to do both 233 and the lab at the same time and given the time of 6 weeks, would it be rather tight you think?

How about Bio 140? Test of any sort? I heard that you had to write a report on a topic and you have to spend a lot of time for that the 1 credit course.

Guest mitchie41

Chem 235 has a final exam, but from what I hear, it's really easy.

I don't think it would be too tight. Chem 233 is really easy if you just put the time into it. It may sound really difficult and stuff when you hear that like 40% of the people failed the MT(which is true), but it's only the case during the winter session. During the summer, the averages are ~60%.

Biol 140 is a lot of "high-school" type work with worksheets\homework assignments and stuff, and you have a 20 page report that you have to write. There is a test, but it was pretty easy, considering that the test was on the organism that you just wrote a 20-page report about.

Archived