Premed 101 Forums

Canadian students in US dental schools

Guest YYCdentboi

Guest YYCdentboi

I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with AADSAS. How difficult is it for Canadian students to get into US schools? Do they accept the Canadian DAT? Any information would be greatly appreciated! :rollin

Guest LestatZinnie

yes they take canadian dat

if you have decent gpa and dat, you'll have no problem

at private schools. everyone i know who applied to private schools got accepted into at least one. but you'll be looking at at least $200-300k CDN in tuition alone. imo you'd be better off staying in canada and apply again if u dont get in first time than going to one of these schools.

public schools are competitive because 1) everyone try to get in because they're cheapER (but still quite a lot more expensive than Canada) 2) you will not be a US/State resident so you'll be competing for the few seats, and you'll be paying out-of-state tuition. again quite expensive deal. some schools such as UCSF and UCLA wont even look at you unless you've done at least 1 yr of schooling in US.

they're also on rolling admission so if you haven't made your move yet...you're falling behind.

imo attempt canadian schools at least twice before considering US schools because of the cost.

Guest YYCdentboi

Thanks for the advice! I was looking at University of the Pacific in SF since their program is only 3 years! I knew about the insane tutition down there already, so I think I will try another round of Canadian apps b4 looking to the South..

Archived