Premed 101 Forums

Waiting Game

Guest melNB

I have no idea...I assumed it was snail mail. They both were on the first day of interviews last year. I was on the first day this year but somehow I doubt I'll be hearing that early.

The waiting game sure does suck...Good luck to everyone waiting!

Madz

Guest geekpunk

Are interviews for all Maritime applicants over? The link below says there is still an entire interview day left (Friday, Feb. 17th). I know it says "Tentative Schedule", so they might've just added that day as an extra day when planning interview dates in case of any unforseen problems.

admissions.medicine.dal.ca/timeline.htm

Maybe the 17th is the interview day for PEI residents?! I'm pretty sure Feb 11th was for all NB residents as everyone I knew (~7 people) having an interview that day was from NB. And all NS residents were on Jan 28th, Feb 3rd/4th.

I know the Non-Maritime interview day is March 4th, but I was hoping all Maritime interviews would be over by now so that the ADCOM can get crackin' at those meetings and start mailing out letters :smokin

Alright, my ~5 min eZboard break is over, back to studying. :rollin

I'm an NB resident and I interviewed on Jan 28th and there was a PEI resident interviewing that day as well. If it was divided up by province then maybe we were the 'spill-overs' that had to be scheduled on other days? lol

I don't see why the adcom can't start meeting before all the interviews are over. Since they review 15-20 files/week why do they need to wait for all interviews to be over before starting? They have plenty of completed files to start with now. I'm just guessing here...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Madz

Guest debbieL22

Does anybody know if there is a large increase in the number of Dal applicants in the maritime pool this year, compared to last year's numbers? I know there is a big jump in Ontario numbers this year, due to the double cohort, but is there also a substantial increase nationwide?

And yeah, waiting really IS torture, (but still better than the Big R)....... and just think, it's barely even begun yet! (so let the compulsive mailbox checking begin....8o )

Good luck everyone! :)

The number of IP applicants shouldn't go up as there was no double cohort problem with maritime provinces. The number of OOP applicants may have gone up, though.

Madz

Guest debbieL22

Madz25, I heard at my interviews that the Adcom would most likely start meeting this week, so they are most likely reviewing files before all applicants get interviewed. This would make sense if they decided to begin with NS applicants, since most of them probably got interviewed by now.

-D.

Guest debbieL22

I know, the wait is painful, but hey, at least you have longer to keep up hope. I'm in the NS group, and I would hate to get a crushing letter on like, Feb.17th. Then again, at least it might cure my ezboard addiction (seriously, somebody wean me off this thing, I've still got studying to do lol...):\

Guest JewelLeigh

Arg...waiting does stink. Luckily, at this point, you know you've done the best you can, so the pressure is off in a way :) Enjoy the last semester of university or whatever else you're all doing...and buy your postman a coffee every once in awhile to make up for the constant stalking that will likely ensue, lol.

Ah...procrasinating....back to CV/Resp.

Much luck to everyone!

Archived