Premed 101 Forums

Any correspondence after submission??

Guest sans005

I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm pretty nervous.:(

My application was postmarked October 31st, and since it was sent to two different locations, I imagine that it will take them a while to match everyone's applications and create a single file. I also imagine that when they actually charge the fee to my credit card, it will signify that they have received the complete application.

I'm very nervous since it was a paper application, and I had to mail it. There is no guarantee that it will reach there, and not get lost in the mail. In retrospect I should have used Expresspost to track it, but I just didn't :rolleyes

the agony....

Guest McMaster Health

"I also imagine that when they actually charge the fee to my credit card, it will signify that they have received the complete application."

I don't want scare you, but my credit card was charged 5 days after I sent my application (using Xpresspost). You may want to call the Registrar's office (not med admin office). They will tell you whether or not they recieved your application.

I want to stress one more time, do NOT call med admin office, they are very busy now...

Guest CaesarCornelius

Stop stressing people out. I didn't get any correspondence from them until january the week before my interview (local student). My friend got an email the first week of december to tell him that he was missing one part of his application. So if you are missing something thats when you'll hear.

CC

Guest McMaster Health

"Stop stressing people out. I didn't get any correspondence from them until january the week before my interview (local student). My friend got an email the first week of december to tell him that he was missing one part of his application. So if you are missing something thats when you'll hear. "

I am not stressing people out. I just shared my experience. Did you and your friends get your accounts charged in December as well?

Sorry if it came out negatively. I just wanted to help Mirwat to put an end to his/her "agony" of not knowing.

Guest CaesarCornelius

Mac,

Sorry if my post came across a bit abruptly, but I typed it quickly and didn't review it. I can't remember when they charged my account. I think I actually dropped off both applications and paid the fee with debit when I went to the administration building.

Here is what I will say though, Dal is very forgiving and accomodating. Just pop off a quick email or phone the registrars office regarding the payment of your application fee and your mind will be at ease.

CC

Hello,

I was checking my VISA statement online this morning, and guess what? Dal admissions has indeed charged my account for the application (Posted November 15). Yay! this must mean it got there safely :)

Thank you all for easing my anxiety.

Continue to check the admissions page regularly. The office will update that when something major happens (e.g. once they have sent out confirmation of your application by email, interview offers etc). That way you will know if you aren't getting what you should be. For example, last year I saw that emails had been sent confirming receipt of all applications on the general website but I didn't recieve one. I called and discovered that my email address had been typed in incorrectly by the registrar's office. They fixed it and everything was smooth sailing from there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JewelLeigh

From the admissions website:

"At this time we are unable to confirm reciept of your application materials due to the high volume of mail currently being processed.

Email notifications will be sent out in early December regarding the status of your application completeness."

From what I remember, all applicants will receive an email in December...either stating that your application is complete, or letting you know any parts that are missing.

GL to those applying!

Guest DancingDoc

I got an email today from dal... they are sending them out to make sure they have the correct email addresses for everyone. I assume if you get one you are fine (i.e. your files are received).

Archived