Premed 101 Forums

Ontario born and raised

Guest SherriONT

Guest SherriONT

I'm from Toronto, but moved out to Halifax 3 years ago to do my undergrad at Dal. Is there any way for me to be considered a maritime resident, or would I be considered OOP?

I think Dal changed their policy last year. They used to consider OOP students that did their undergrad in a maritime university in the maritime pool. Last year they changed it and do not consider those students in the maritime pool. You should check out their website to verify this. I'm pretty sure there is a question relating to this under the FAQ.

Madz

• 3 weeks later...
Guest geekpunk

I'm really hoping to get in at Dal, and I was pretty surprised from their statistics on the Class of 2009 (2005 entering class).

Only 243 applicants (who met the cutoffs and automatically got an interview) out of the Maritime pool!!! And about ~80 seats reserved for us Maritimers. So, that's about a 1/3 shot for me (because I meet the cutoffs, assuming I get at least a 24 on the MCAT, which I'm positive I did, we'll find out next week :P )

For OOP/Non-Maritime Pool, 50 interviews, and only 9 admitted.

See admissions.medicine.dal.ca/class.htm

Guest SherriONT

I'm very dissappointed...I've been living in Halifax for the past 4 years, my boyfriend is here, my whole life is here, and I really don't want to go to Ontario for med school. Doesn't it seem a little unreasonable to consider me OOP??

Is there any way around this?

Archived