Premed 101 Forums

MCAT cutoff for OOP - how firm?

Guest potential md

Guest potential md

Does anyone know how firm Dalh is on using the 10,10,10,Q as the minimum MCAT scores for OOP applicants? Should I even bother applying if I don't get quite those scores?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Guest Elaine I

Dal has an OOP MCAT cut off of 30, with a minimum of 10 in each numeric section. The one (and only) exception is that you are eligible if you get one 9, provided that you still meet the total of 30. Dal does not have a specific WS cut-off. If you do not meet these cuts, you will be automatically rejected.

On the up side, Dal's application isn't due until after the AAMC releases the scores from the Aug MCAT, so you can decide whether or not to apply based on your MCAT eligibility.

Elaine

Guest potential md

Hey Elaine,

Thanks for the info...From what I can tell on the AAMC website, they say it's 60 days after the exam that you get your marks - that would take until around October 12 before I find out the scores. Do you know if the MCAT scores ever show up online before the 60 day mark?

I'm going to be asking a professor from long ago for references and I don't want him to put in a bunch of work writing one for a school that is not an option for me.

Guest Madz25

At most, they may show up a day before the 60 day mark. I doubt they would post them a week early if that's what you were hoping for. I think they were posted at, or a day before, the 60 day mark last year.

Madz

Archived