Premed 101 Forums

Just got in off the waitlist

Guest pinkgal

Guest pinkgal

Ahhhh! I was #31 on the out-of-province waitlist and I just got an email from Tracy saying I got in! Dal was always my first choice, but because I was so low on the list I've accepted an offer at UofT. I love Dal's program so much more, but I've already signed a lease with a friend to live in TO, but Dal is $6000 cheaper in tuition a year, but can I find a place to live in Halifax in only like 3 weeks! Don't know what to do!

I can't complain. Getting into 2 medical schools shouldn't be this stressfull!

Congrats! You must've ended up getting michca's spot!

As for the decision, I think you'll have to decide where it is you really want to go and weigh out the pros and cons once again. However, I think it is possible to find a place to live in 3 weeks.

Go with your gut. :)

every place i've ever found in halifax i've found less than 3 weeks before i moved in.

also, walking around the city there are for rent signs everywhere

Guest michca

Congrats pinkgal! I'm glad to hear that the spot I gave up went to someone who really liked Dal as well! And, I think you should be able to definitely find something in Halifax in the next few weeks!

In terms of deciding, 007 is right, you need to go with your gut on this one. Yes, changing your plans last minute might seem stressful, but you need to remember that you will be spending the next four years wherever you choose, so a little bit of extra stress right now won't be so bad in the long run if Dal is really where you want to go!

Good luck with your decision!

Guest pinkgal

Thanks for everyone's advice!!

After much agonizing and praying and not sleeping, I've decided to stay at UofT. I've really been getting excited about going to UofT over the past month since I got accepted, and while I originally like Dal better, I really think I would be happy at both schools, but my plans are already in place for UofT, my family lives in Ontario, and I think UofT will have better research opportunities, and why when I was perfectly happy when I thought UofT was my only option, would I pick up and move across the country in hopes that the "grass would be greener".

Please no posts to say I should have picked Dal! I'm sure I would have loved it, but I can't change my mind now, and I think I might cry if I picked the wrong one!

Good luck in deciding to whoever is #32 on the oop list!

Archived