Premed 101 Forums

LOC options for Dal Meds

Guest MDforMe

Guest MDforMe

Has anyone starting at Dal this year secured a MDManagement line of credit (National Bank). This seems to be the most popular option for Canadian med students but I am wondering about accessibility of this institution in Halifax. Their only "branch" appears to be on Upper Water St. No others. What about ATM's and extra fees...don;t recall seeing many (if any) National Bank ATM's in Halifax.

Any other input re: LOC process would be appreciated, especially experiences from those who have already secured one.

Thanks...see you in August :)

Guest TheGB

I secured a LOC with MD Management. The tele banking is free so you can just transfer whatever money you need for the week into your current bank account (ie Royal, Scotia, CIBC etc.). When I talked to the rep they informed me that there aren't very many branches or ATMs in NS but because internet and tele banking are free it wouldn't be a problem. Another plus is that you can budget yourself a little bit more via a weekly or monthly allowance.

Guest druggist

Hey everyone,

I am attending Dal next year as well and have decided on going with the Scotia Bank LOC. The rate is prime (as for otbers) and they try to help you manage your expenses versus handing you 150 grand up front (scary for me, I'm impulsive with money). I'm curious now though what the benefit would be for me to secure a LOC from National. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Archived