Premed 101 Forums

*Entering Canada as a foreign physician?

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Nabil Khalil

Date:***8/11/2000 1:11 am*PST

My friend is graduated as a Phisyisian from Khartoums Univercity- Sudan. He worked in Egypt for some time as a doctor. Now he is comming to Canada as a refugee. He would love to continue practicing medicine here. May you help me to advice him what to do for his admission to the job. Thank you very much.

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Ian Wong

Date:***8/13/2000 5:01 pm*PST

Hello!

Unfortunately, I haven't yet reached that point in my medical education. As a result, I really don't know how one would go about applying for jobs here in Canada, especially as it relates to an incoming physician. However, I did some checking around, and I think the first place you should check is CaRMS, the Canadian Residents Matching Service. It can be found here:

www.carms.ca

I took a quick look under IMG, or International Medical Graduate, and there appears to be a number of physical addresses and e-mail addresses for obtaining information on getting residencies as an IMG. Because of that, I'm sure that those people can also be of aid in placing IMG's into jobs. Also, there is some information on the board exams that must be completed.

Another site that might be worth checking out is the CMA, or Canadian Medical Association. It's not really easy to navigate, but the site can be found at:

www.cma.ca

Best of luck! If anyone else can help out, or has the necessary information, please post it here.

Ian, MS2

• 1 year later...

Archived