Premed 101 Forums

Conditional acceptance.. minimum GPA?

Guest 0T6

Hey, so apparently when Ottawa sends out admission offers they're based on the condition that you succesfully finish that year of your program (like most other schools) but is there a minimum GPA that must be maintained? UofT apparently doesn't look at your application-year GPA, Western might, Queen's does.. so I was wondering what the dilly is with UofO.

Guest happyshortie

Hey,

Moderators, please correct me if I'm wrong. My sister missed an exam and had to do it later in the summer. They told her that her current year's GPA had to be 0.5 less than the GPA in which she applied.

ie: So if she had a weighted GPA of 3.92 then she would need a 3.42 or higher in the current year. That's what she told me.

Wow, if that's true then you just made my day!!

I'm not gonna whine about it cause it's not HORRIBLE, but my GPA this year dropped about 0.3 points from what I applied with, so I'm a little worried that if I'm lucky enough to get the great news, I'd lose it cause of one course.

Guest tim23

I was there when they were talking about it, wasn't sure if your final year couldn't drop 0.5 or if your overall GPA couldn't drop 0.5. Also, if you are worried about it don't be, they said no one has ever not gotten in because of it and that once someone did get a couple of D's in their final year but since they weren't prerequesites they didn't care how it affected GPA.

Guest mistah anderson

Hi there guys.

My undersstanding is that the conditional acceptances are done on a case by case basis. I just looked at my own acceptance letter from the spring of 2003 and all it said was:

"This offer is conditional upon satisfactory completion of the present year and the prerequisite courses."

Other people may have received different letters. It all depends on what academic situation you're in.

tim23's reply's a lot more comforting ;)

But "satisfactory completion" eh? Geez that leaves so much room for interpretation.

But okay, thanks, I'll try to focus on my 2 exams next week so I can be satisfactory, hopefully :rollin

Archived