Premed 101 Forums

Class of OT8, what are y'all up to?

Guest torontodave

Guest torontodave

Hey all,

I was working out at the Athletic Centre at UT when I ran into a guy who was quite easily identifiable as an Ottawa Med Student... bright red t-shirt with large white letters "Ottawa Meds" kinda gave it away...So I struck up a convo with the dude, asked him a couple of questions about meds - and he mentioned to me in passing that "Orientation is going to be TWO weeks of drinking"

....now I don't know if orientation "week" is supposed to be one or two weeks, but I thought I'd just throw this out there and ask if anyone has any thoughts....

There doesn't seem to be much dialogue between people that are starting for sure in September...so I thought I'd bring this topic to life with this question...

dave

ps: I am excited as hell to start in the fall, and am already planning my vacations because I feel I can finally start taking them...I booked my tix to australia for Christmas this year, and am gonna hit europe next summer...anyone have any interesting vacation plans to share? What about plans TILL the end of this summer? Me, I'm just gonna be writing up my thesis...what fun :\

Guest torontodave

Oh yea, since we're all gonna be having laptops, I am imagining some pretty involved MSN conversations during boring lectures...so I'm starting a folder "OT8" in my MSN messenger list...if anyone wants to start sharing their e-mail addresses, we can have a decent class list started even before school starts...

I am: d6vid@hotmail.com

Here's hoping I won't be left hanging,

Dave

Guest westerngirl2004

Hey Dave,

Gordo58 put up this link a while ago. It has the schedule of our orientation weeks: mededu.med.uottawa.ca/med...hedule.htm

I'm so excited; I can't wait to move to ottawa and meet everyone. I still have to finish my research project before I leave London though.

As to travelling, I think I'd like to do an international elective (so looking into that now); I think it would be fun.

Better get back to work :P

Cheers,

westerngirl

Guest FrenchyMed

I'm heading to Europe this Friday for 2 weeks. :P

I'm also thinking about international electives. Europe's at the top of my list. A friend of mine recently moved to Australia, so I may try to go visit her next summer.

I live in Ottawa so I don't have to worry about the big move. I've been out of school for over 2 years. It's a little scary going back!

Basically, I'm spending my last week at work clearing my office and checking out this site.

My acceptance at UofO has yet to sink in. I guess I'll focus on that when I return from my trip. It seems so far away...

I'd like to meet up with people before orientation. Maybe we can go for coffee or dinner on Sunday night the 29th. Anyone interested?

Guest torontodave

Frenchy:

I'm definitely down for dinner the night before...that's a great idea.

And Westerngirl:

Thanks for that schedule, you're the best!

See y'all in less than 30 days!

Dave

Guest Gordo58

howdy y'all

I received my registration package in the mail today... nothing too big... most of the stuff is on the website.

See you all in 26 days, 18 hours and 0 minutes... not that im counting down the days or anything... ;)

Gordo

Hey guys

I'm definitely very excited. I was in Ottawa last week and found a place to live, so now I can't wait to move in. I'll be working right up until the 26th, but next year I'm thinking about backpacking across Europe. Anyways, see everyone in less than a month!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest torontodave

make that 3!!

12:23AM...falling asleep writing thesis on a Friday night....can hear people having fun outside my window...yay how I like writing...but I was awoken when someone added me to their MSN list...now there's 4 people on the MSN exchange...

looking forward to more still

Archived