Premed 101 Forums

Living in Lees Apartments?!

Guest maxflygolfer

Guest maxflygolfer

Hello,

I am getting really excited to start...especially after reading through the frosh week(s)/orientation schedule! Sounds like soooo much fun. I am looking forward to meeting fellow classmates of Med08! I will be living in 190 Lees, is anyone else living in this apart. or in in any of the other Lees Apartments?!

Maxifly.

Guest gobluebaby

Hey,

I'm looking at 169 Lees right now .... trying to decide.

Did you get a good deal at 190? The area looks real nice and convenient to downtown and school. Hopefully we'll be neighbours.

Later,

Go Blue

Guest maxflygolfer

Hi Go Blue,

I didn't look at the 169 apts. As for 190, it is a little pricey (775$/mo.) which was more than what I had originally intend to pay....BUT...it is convenient (~25 min walk to the General campus and a 5-7mins walk to the main campus), it's close to downtown, the free shuttle bus stops in front of 169 Lees at 8:05...to get us to class for 8:30...it has 2 squash courts, a pool, saunas, a workout room, outdoor tennis courts, laundry facilities, underground parking and a corner store....and it is appears to be safe and it's clean and well maintained. After I signed my lease (5 June) I heard through the grape vine that the management at 190 is known to lower the price/month as a result of haggling....so you may be able to get a better price. Best of luck apt. hunting. Let me know what you decide - it would be fun to have a neighbor!

Maxifly.

Guest gobluebaby

Hey Maxfly,

I just found out that I will be living across the street from you, in 169 Lees. We are going up to sign the lease on Wed. We'll have to meet up sometime - it'll be good to have a neighbour !!!

Enjoy the rest of you summer,

Go Blue

Guest maxflygolfer

Hi Goblue,

I am happy to have a neighbor....I agree, we should meet up. I will be moving in the 3rd week of August. I have to double check my apt # - I will send it to you via email. Let's communicate via email (ie. exchange phone numbers)...and we will get in touch....

Maxifly

Ps. I will be taking the shuttle bus to school (or walk weather permitting)...what about you?!

Archived